Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hello, good evening and welcome...

I got a nutty idea on Friday when I was pushing a shopping trolley around Tescos - why not set up a blog devoted to the appreciation of those (sometimes crappy) compilation CDs that one finds on sale in supermarkets?

This ideas was inspired by gazing at a selection of such CDs and wondering, "would I buy one?". I've bought a number of them over the years and, in fairness, they've all had something meritorious about them. Maybe that's just me being selective and careful - I've no doubt that there's a load of old tut out there as well.

Anyway, I did buy a CD in Tescos on Friday - "The Sun Records Collection" - featuring tracks from Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison and Carl Perkins. No sign of Elvis. Haven't played it yet, so I've no idea if it's any good, but I'll give it a spin during the week and post a review thereafter.

And I will dig up the other CDs I've bought in supermarkets over the years and review them too.

And here's where you come in - if you want to review any such CDs that you own, let me know and I'll be happy (subject to the laws of libel and my own dodgy ideas of good taste) to publish your reviews on this site.

So what do you think? Am I mad or what?

Regards,


djp

No comments: